Download trial edition
The OpenSpace 2.0 trial edition allows you to test the engine, framework and map editor for as long as you wish. You get all the features and documentation available in the commercial release with the only limitation of 15x15 maps and a small logo hovering on one corner of the viewport.
The basic requirements to test OpenSpace are different depending on which product of the SmartFoxServer family is used for development:
One step download
You are one step away from downloading the trial. Please fill the simple form on the right side. The name and email data will not be given away to any third parties or companies.
Download previous OpenSpace version (1.x)
OpenSpace version 1.x is still available for developers that are not interested in advanced features such as runtime map editing and server-side integration. It offers a simple, yet powerful, tool for creating your own virtual worlds.
OpenSpace 1.x trial never expires and comes with a few limitations:
- a maximum number of 20 concurrent avatars can be displayed on the same map;
- the "POWERED BY OPENSPACE" link appears at the top right corner of the OpenSpace viewport;
- the OpenSpace Editor can export maps with a maximum size of 15x15 tiles only: larger maps will be trimmed down to the maximum allowed size;
- during map loading the OpenSpace logo and link are displayed, together with a loading progress bar;
- when the skin of an avatar is changed (through the OpenSpace.setMyAvatarSkin method), this action is not broadcasted to the other clients;
- the following methods are not available: OpenSpace.centerViewOnMyAvatar, OpenSpace.centerViewOnTile, OpenSpace.moveMyAvatar, OpenSpace.teleportMyAvatar, OpenSpace.zoomOnMyAvatar;
- the OpenSpace.fadingParams property to control the map fade-in and fade-out effects is missing;
- the OpenSpaceEvent.MAP_CREATION_PROGRESS event fired during map rendering is missing (replaced by the progress bar under the OpenSpace logo).